Ted and I were down in the basement, working in our offices, when Mom called to see if we wanted coffee from Starbucks. "Oh, and by the way," she says to Ted, "the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile is here."
I could hear his end of the conversation, but had no idea what they were talking about when he said, "No, I've never seen it."
"What haven't you seen?" I asked when he hung up.
"The Oscar Mayer Wienermobile. It's parked near the Starbucks on Main."
"What? Really? You didn't tell her we'd be right there? Grab your shoes, we're going to meet her!"
So I made him jump in the car with me without bothering to brush my hair and we tore down Main Street. Now, I'm not sure how common Oscar Mayer products are across the country, but if you grew up in Chicago, you knew the Oscar Mayer hot dog song by heart.
- Oh, I wish I were an Oscar Mayer wiener
- That is what I truly want to be
- 'Cause if I were an Oscar Mayer wiener
- Everyone would be in love with me.
- My bologna has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R
- My bologna has a second name, it's M-A-Y-E-R
- Oh, I love to eat it every day, and if you ask me why, I'll say,
- "Cause Oscar Mayer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A." Delicious!
And, we got free stickers! How freakin' cool is that? Hot dog!
I made Mom and Ted pose with the Wiernermobile and stickers because, c'mon, I hadn't brushed my hair before I left the house.