08 February, 2010

Another One!

As I promised Joanne I'm adding a couple more of my quilting projects. The first is a wall hanging we have hanging on the back porch along with art work from family, friends and goodies from our trips. The hanging says 'Shalom" this is Hebrew for hello, goodbye and peace. All applique work is by hand with a blanket stitch the rest of the quilt is pieced. I machine quilted this one. If you click onto the picture you can see, closeup, the handwork.


This next quilt is a labor of love. A baby quilt for Ted's nephew's new baby girl just born a few days ago. Her name is Violet Alexandria. I love her name, it sounds so old fashioned.
The quilt was made from Mary Engelbreit fabrics and so very girly. I didn't do all the blocks, for this one, myself. They came from a block swap I did with one of my on-line quilting groups.
The Sunbonnet Sue Chat. This one was also machine quilted.

Anyone interested in joining our group go to sunbonnetsuechat@yahoogroups.com


2 comments:

Karen Anne said...

They're really lovely. I like the visible blue stitches.

Lady Quilter said...

thanks Karen Anne. The stitching is really one of the easiest to do and quickest. I use it a lot.
Boxmom