I mentioned the other day that maybe The Box House is haunted, because both my mom and I have heard footsteps walking around upstairs. Well, the night after I posted that, I came upstairs from the basement where I had been working and walked into my bedroom only to be hit with a wall of what smelled like cigarette smoke. The odor was so strong; it was like walking into a smoky nightclub. I couldn't see anything-- there weren't any wispy curls of smoke--but I could smell it.
Now, none of us smoke. There's no reason the room should be smelling like cigarettes. Ted followed me up the stairs and I'm like, "Come here, come here. Can you smell it? Can you smell it? What is that?" He couldn't smell a thing, not a thing. I went into the adjacent bathroom, and couldn't smell anything there. I even went so far as to open the window and stick my head outside. Nothing. It was only in the bedroom. I went back into the basement, to the room below our bedroom, and took a sniff. Still nothing. The odor lingered for a while upstairs, but Ted swears he couldn't smell any cigarette smoke at all.