06 March, 2008

Greetings from ...


When Ted and I lived in Uptown Chicago, we obsessively collected vintage postcards of the neighborhood. I've begun to collect ones for here, too, which we'll frame and hang...oh...somewhere. Eventually. I'm great at gathering art, photos, images to hang and not so great at getting them framed.

From time to time, I'll feature some of them here. Many of the ones I hope to find for myself showcase the terrific architecture of 80-100 years ago.

Update: This one is also available as a poster.

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

We are almost neighbors in a way. We live in Rogers Park. I work in Skokie too, so we are all north side all the time.

Glad to see another 2-flat around and look forward to seeing what you guys decide to do first!

Best wishes!

Joanne said...

Hi Jocelyn--We used to live on the other side of you, in Uptown half a block from the Aragon Ballroom. We love the north side.

Anonymous said...

Loving your blog! May I interview you for www.Evanston.Patch.com? I write the About Town column...and I think readers would love to see some of your terrific posts.

Christine Wolf

Anonymous said...

Loving your blog! May I interview you for www.Evanston.Patch.com? I write the About Town column...and I think readers would love to see some of your terrific posts.

Christine Wolf