13 March, 2008

Red Peeps

My mom and I went to check out a few of the stores in our new neighborhood this week, and ended up at the Target. Overall, it's just your average Target, nothing too special. But we were very excited (at least I was) to find these:

Bright cherry red peeps! I was in Peep heaven. Apparently, Target struck a deal with the makers of Peeps for the exclusive right to sell 'em in red.

Ted and I are a bit obsessed about our Peeps. We'll eat them plain, or frozen, or toasted and consumed in s'mores. Or frozen first and then lightly toasted. The discovery of Red Peeps just about made my week.

So, any other Peeps fans out there? How do you eat them?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thrilled when I found bright green ones!

My neice is a peep freak and nukes them in the microwave, they puff waaay up!

Marilyn said...

Joanne, you and your peep obsession! And your photograph of the red ones make them sparkly...they look like Xmas ornaments! Now toast and eat those babies.

Amalie said...

I also love Peeps, but I'm in the minority around here...I'll have to try them in s'mores-- that's a new one for me!

Joanne said...

I wonder if I could let them dry out and use them as Christmas ornaments. Hmmm.

There are some Peeps-lovin' people more obsessed than I am:

Peeps Gallery

Karen Anne said...

Wow, red. (I just got here from a you might be interested in link.)

I am now thinking about painting peeps with safe food coloring. Like face paint on humans :-)