01 June, 2008

Please Don't Dig Up the Daisies

I spend most of my time in the garden digging--digging up weeds, digging holes for new trees, digging out new flower beds. So how can I get upset at Maggie when I catch her doing this?

She watches me while I work and no doubt sees the whole thing as some elaborate game.

If only I could teach her where to dig the holes.
The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with himand not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too.
—Samuel Butler, Notebooks, 1912

5 comments:

modernemama said...

beautifully excavated

Jen said...

LOL !!! Modernemama.

Andy said...

I love my dog...problem is, he doesn't do much (like dig holes or scare people away) except be the perfect companion.

But I'm just fine with that. :)

Sandy said...

I had a dog that watched me plant and then when I was done and had gone in the house would dig up everything I had planted! LOL

I then left her in the house when I planted, but she finally figured out what I had done and still dug them up anyway!

Joanne said...

They are pretty sneaky like that, aren't they?